supply list, check!
brown packaging paper (office depot sells large rolls for around five bucks)
two or three russet potatoes
paring or exacto knife
paint brush (foam brushes work like a charm)
accoutrements (ribbons, bows, tags)
get to it!
1. wash and dry a potato, then cut it in half (each half can be used to create a stamp)
2. place cut sides down on a paper towel to dry out the potato
3. draw a shape on the potato -- remember you're going to cut this out, so don't make it too complicated
4. cut along your design using the exacto or paring knife
5. cut 1/4 inch around the edge of the potato, stopping when you reach the design to avoid cutting off the stamp (duh)
6. remove excess potato
7. apply paint to the stamp and they try it out on your paper creating a pattern you love!
happy wrapping // roxy
images via // roxy taghavian